Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Annie Leibovitz: Striving for More




 If a picture says a thousand words, then an image by Annie Leibovitz speaks millions. Not only does she produce some of the most amazing photographs, she also has a beautiful life story. She made her way through the world of photography and made a name for herself, and is now known worldwide for her exceptional talent. Annie is an inspiration to young photographers everywhere, and I know that her story will push me have high goals, and create beautiful art.
After watching the film about the life of Annie Leibovitz I left the class excited and inspired to take pictures while trying new things. Annie has taught me that taking risks will create the biggest pay off in the end, and that an artist should never be afraid to be daring. There is the expected, and then there is Annie, a revolutionary photographer. Pictures that Annie take have caused countless controversies, but that is why she is one of the most sought after photographers in the world, she is a rebel in her field of work. She demonstrated that to get noticed in this growing world of photography, a photographer needs to be better than average, something I try to be every time I pick up my camera.
The stunning work of Annie Leibovitz has the power of capturing the inner beauty of every subject. Her portraits are breathtaking, and she manages to incorporate a piece of the person within each picture. Although I do not had a lot of experience with portraits, I someday hope to acquire her skill of capturing the energy and nature of my subjects. Although being at the same level at Annie Leibovitz is only a distant dream, at least I have a goal to strive for. Annie’s story pushes me to work harder, be better, and discover my view as a photographer. 








No comments:

Post a Comment